Live World Indices are powered by Investing.com
Friday, 8 July 2016
Bill Gates And Friends See Nuclear Revival?
Let’s for a second imagine a world without nuclear energy. That’s a tough one but let’s try. No nuclear bombs, of course, no Chernobyl and Fukushima, no worries about Iran and North Korea. A wonderful world, maybe? Probably not, because without nuclear energy we would have burned millions more tons of coal and billions more barrels of oil. This would have brought about climate change of such proportions that what we have today would have seemed negligible. Nuclear energy and uranium, which feeds it, are controversial enough even without any actual accident happening. Radioactivity is dangerous. Nobody is arguing against it. When an accident does take place, the public backlash is understandably huge. What many opponents of uranium forget to mention, however, are the benefits of nuclear energy and the fact that the statistical probability of serious accidents is pretty low. They focus on the “What if?” and neglect […]
Posted by Unknown at 07:30
- Expect More Loan Defaults In Oil Patch Warns Ratin...
- Shell Reports 70% Shocking Plunge In Earnings
- Oil Companies Sputtering In Turbulent Markets
- Putin Happy With Reviving Russian Economy
- #OMG Outlook Terrible For Big Oil's Earnings
- Top Nuclear Physicist's "Dream of Peace" (Part...
- EYE on the World - "Between The Devil And Deep Blu...
- OIL Inventories Hit New HIGHs Crushing Bull's Mome...
- Few Signs China's Economy On The Mend
- Inter Oil May Be In Play With Exxon Moble Bid
- Oil Prices Heading Back To Poor House
- EYE on the World - Destiny's Key Unfolding Mega Tr...
- US Oil Producers Want Trade Protection From Import...
- Can You Believe #China's GDP Booming Again?
- EYE on the World - Unbridled Overpopulation
- Shale Overtakes Deepwater Oil While Prices Last
- South China Sea Could Impact Oil Markets
- Auto Industry Faces Headwinds As #Millennials Stop...
- Enron 2016: Saudi Oil Reserves Manipulated
- Bill Gates And Friends See Nuclear Revival?
- Canadian Economy Slowed By Bust In Alberta Oil Ind...
- No Room Left In Oil Prices
- US Auto Sales Hit Record
- Oil Rises As Supplies Tighten
- ▼ July (24)
- ► 2015 (98)