Live World Indices are powered by Investing.com
Tuesday, 30 August 2016
2050 World #Overpopulation To Reach TEN Billion, Driving More Species Extinctions
The world population will reach 9.9 billion in 2050, increasing by 33 per cent from an estimated 7.4 billion now, the latest report from the Population Reference Bureau (PRB) has predicted. If the assumptions underlying 2050 projections by the PRB’s World Population Data Sheet are applied to subsequent years, the world population would hit the 10 billion mark in 2053, with set to Asia gain about 900 million to 5.3 billion.
(ALSO READ: Humans altered 97 per cent of most species-rich places on Earth )
“Despite declines in fertility rates around the world, we expect population gains to remain strong enough to take us toward a global population of 10 billion,” said Jeffrey Jordan, president and CEO of PRB. “Significant regional differences remain, though. For example very low birth rates in Europe will mean population declines there while Africa’s population is expected to double,” said […]
Posted by Unknown at 07:30
- Surprisingly, #Tesla Ignores Four Energy Storage O...
- 2050 World #Overpopulation To Reach TEN Billion, ...
- Another Future #Energy Answer Blowing In The Wind
- EYE on the World- Global Physics: Shrinking Pie Is...
- Struggling With $110B Debt Depresses Oilfield Ser...
- Huge Multi-Billion Dollar Industry Emerging - "Ren...
- More Troubles For BIG Oil As EV's Can Replace 90% ...
- Nissan's New Engine Could Replace Diesel
- Last Days For Oil Industry?
- EYE on the World - Old Chinese Curse...
- BIG Oil Facing Survival Issues As World Turns
- Mexico's Oil Decline Could Bring About Another Ven...
- REALITY CHECK: What Can Provide "Sustainable Futu...
- US Job Machine Grows Bolstering Confidence
- EYE on the World - Climate Encounters of a Third K...
- Billions Targeted For Canadian Oil Sands
- UPS Switching Successfully To Alternative Fuels
- Expect Venezuela To Default On Loans In Near Futur...
- Singapore Banks' Loans Traumatized By Oil Markets
- OIL Majors Hit Skids As Price Slides To $40
- #Tesla Reports Staggering $293M Q2 Loss
- ▼ August (21)
- ► 2015 (98)