Live World Indices are powered by Investing.com
Monday, 15 August 2016
Last Days For Oil Industry?
Private museums do not have a very long history in China, but in their short time in the country they have been booming.
Yet, despite this rapid growth in numbers, it seems that only a few have the ability to survive.
Claiming to be "the largest private museum" in China with its 6,600 square meters of exhibition space and more than 300 jades, porcelains and paintings, the Longsheng Museum closed down last month after operating for a little more than a year.
Earlier that same month, the Ullens Center for Contemporary Art (UCCA) in Beijing, which has been operating for eight years and is considered one of the most successful private museums in the Chinese mainland, announced it was going up for sale.
These news stories caused quite a stir throughout the art industry, leading many to start worrying about the health of the private museum industry in China.
The Longshen Museum closed its doors due to the delayed payment of more than 6 million yuan ($903,000) in rent. It is currently unknown if the museum will reopen.
Longsheng is not the only museum facing a financial crisis. The Rongbaozhai Group, famous for traditional Chinese paintings, stationary and auctions, fell into a more than 50 million yuan crisis during the first half of this year.
Posted by Unknown at 07:30
- Surprisingly, #Tesla Ignores Four Energy Storage O...
- 2050 World #Overpopulation To Reach TEN Billion, ...
- Another Future #Energy Answer Blowing In The Wind
- EYE on the World- Global Physics: Shrinking Pie Is...
- Struggling With $110B Debt Depresses Oilfield Ser...
- Huge Multi-Billion Dollar Industry Emerging - "Ren...
- More Troubles For BIG Oil As EV's Can Replace 90% ...
- Nissan's New Engine Could Replace Diesel
- Last Days For Oil Industry?
- EYE on the World - Old Chinese Curse...
- BIG Oil Facing Survival Issues As World Turns
- Mexico's Oil Decline Could Bring About Another Ven...
- REALITY CHECK: What Can Provide "Sustainable Futu...
- US Job Machine Grows Bolstering Confidence
- EYE on the World - Climate Encounters of a Third K...
- Billions Targeted For Canadian Oil Sands
- UPS Switching Successfully To Alternative Fuels
- Expect Venezuela To Default On Loans In Near Futur...
- Singapore Banks' Loans Traumatized By Oil Markets
- OIL Majors Hit Skids As Price Slides To $40
- #Tesla Reports Staggering $293M Q2 Loss
- ▼ August (21)
- ► 2015 (98)